I know what you’re thinking…. “recipes? Isn’t this the same girl who wrote about how much she hated to be in the kitchen in her post ‘Why Mealtime Alone With Kids Is the Worst‘?” Don’t worry…it’s me. I haven’t lost my mind. I still hate cooking. But that’s why I get excited when I find quick and easy ways to create something delicious for my family. With Christmas practically around the corner, I’ve teamed up with 5 other amazing mommy bloggers to give you 6 yummy holiday cookie recipes you’ll be dying to share at all your parties and family get-togethers this season. First I’m sharing how to make these deliciously soft and chewy birthday cake holiday cookies.
Wipes drool from mouth.
I have no doubt that these cookies will quickly become a favorite in your household, especially for the kids…and the ones who are kids at heart.
- 1 box moist yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup red and green candy sprinkles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1/4 cup red and green decorating decors polka dot nonpareils
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In bowl, stir cake mix, candy sprinkles, butter, milk, egg, and white chocolate chips until soft batter forms. Scoop approximately 20 tablespoons of batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Spread frosting on bottom of one cookie. Then place another cookie on top, bottom side down to create a cookie sandwich.
- Roll edges of frosting in confetti candy sprinkles.
For more deliciousness, check out these recipes by some other amazing blogger mamas!